Amongst all the event I have been going too, only two events never disappointed me: @leweb and the marketing2conference.
If going to LeWeb clearly is a brain boosting & top networking event, going to M2C is real business value to me.
Why I would not miss M2C:
- I get to meet the socialmedia stars from whom you hear usually without direct reach (@paulaberg @ekatarina @marlaerwin @scottmonty @ramondeleone..)
- I get the opportunity to talk to them, ask questions and network
- As they come back from year to year you get to follow their campaigns and get unique insights on experience
- you get to meet & listen to the most successful social media brands (kodak, lego, ford, virgin america, southwest airlines, best buy…)
- you get research and statistics information that are not public
- you discover creative campaigns, but also the failure side and the learning side
During two days of keynotes, debates, talks and networking, I update and refill my own knowledge, and I love it.
We should mention that the creator of this, Nils Andres, also is an incredible person with an amazing network. Without his dedication and the help of web stars like @emmanuelvivier (emmanuel your contribution is worthless), this event would not be what it has become. And I am sure that this edition, back in Nils country this year, will be a further opportunity for me to build up my european networking.
A big thank you Nils! Looking forward.
And just to make you a little bit envious, here are the subjects I will be eager to listen to this year:
Social media Data
WHY SOCIAL MEDIA DOES NOT CREATE VALUE SO FAR
• Nils Andres, Brand Science Institute
Business model matters
FIRM INFRASTRUCTURE AND STRATEGY – CREATING AND MANAGING VALUE DRIVEN MODELS FOR SOCIAL BUSINESS TRANSFORMATION
• Ali Ardalan, Intel
• Peter Parkes, Expedia
• Heather Oldani, McDonalds
Business to employee subjects
CORPORATE CULTURE – EMPLOYEE ENGAGEMENT AND CREATING A POWERFUL SOCIAL EXPERIENCE INSIDE AND OUTSIDE THE ORGANISATION
• Richard Binhammer, Dell
• Shauna Causey, Nordstrom
HOW TO ENCOURAGE INTERNAL COLLABORATION AND MULTINATIONAL COMMUNICATION
• David Witt, Hershey’s
• Stephanie Schierholz, NASA
• Jim Rosenberg, Worldbank
Generating business with social media
HOW TO INFLUENCE RECOMMENDATION ONLINE AND SUPPORT SALES OFFLINE
• Steve Knox, Boston Consulting Group
• Martin Oetting, TRND
• Martin Dräger, Shareifyoulike
CREATING SOCIAL STRATEGIES THAT AFFECTS BEHAVIOR AND SOCIAL SHOPPING
• Britta Schell, MTV
• Jonathan Wolf, Bazaarvoice
GENERATE COMPANY VALUE THROUGH SOCIAL CRM AND BRANDS AS MEDIA
• Stacy Gratz, American Express
• Jessica Berlin, American Eagle
• Frank Horn, Henkel
BOOSTING SALES AND PROFITS OF LOCAL AND RETAIL BUSINESSES THROUGH EFFECTIVE LoSoMo MARKETING
• Ramon de Leon, Domino’s
• Adrian Parker, RadioShack
• Scott Monty, Ford
I will probably live tweet if I can, so do not forget to follow me on twitter on the 26th & 27th of march on @sandrineszabo.
What you might find interesting to follow: